Full Time, Galway Based
Galmere Fresh Foods is looking for an experienced production supervisor from the food industry who is looking for a new challenge with a successful Irish food business. The role is based in Galway and the ideal candidate should have experience in managing teams across shifts including day, evening and night shifts. Click the icon to learn more.
We’re looking for someone who can work with the team to drive continuous improvements and production efficiencies while maintaining quality and H&S standards. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career in a growing food production company.
Galmere is passionate about food and that begins by working with growers and producers to source best available ingredients. We make soups, sauces, meals and salads for private label, brands and our own brands. Our team strives to exceed expectations by innovating for our clients and our brands, crafting the finest, safest food. We anticipate and research the market, to both set and stay ahead of trends.
Every avenue is explored to protect our environment. Galmere is an accredited member of Bord Bia’s Origin Green. Our investment programme in 2018–2019 reduced energy usage by 14.5%. We’ve recently started growing our own basil on site in our new digital farm, to use in our Pestle + Mortar brand of pestos, sustainability is really important to us! Wherever possible we use recyclable plastic and cardboard packaging and our food waste has been reduced by 31% from 2018 to 2019.
The safety of our team and wider community is paramount. Galmere introduced site-wide weekly Covid-19 PCR testing back in January after purchasing full PCR testing equipment. Our own team have trained up to take swabs and run the lab results, so we have them ready in just over an hour. We provide N95 masks for added protection. We are an inclusive organisation, seeking to provide rewarding careers and equal opportunities.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of production, leading a team and ensuring production targets are met on a daily basis
- Maintain positive working relationships and ensure effective communication at all levels
- Drive initiatives to maximise employee contribution and improvements in product process system efficiencies
- Liaise with QA & QC, Technical and Maintenance teams
- Engage in strategic planning and improve lean manufacturing practices
- Work closely with HR when appropriate.
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Experience with high volumes of short shelf-life products would be ideal
- Highly motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, solution driven and a positive team player
Please send CVs and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Us Now &
Take the First Step
Our team are waiting to hear from you, to answer any questions you may have on how we can assist you and your business.