Group Financial Controller
Date Posted: 21st April 2023.
Reporting to the CEO, this is an exciting role for an ambitious finance professional. Galway based Galmere Fresh Foods is owned by Donworth Investments; this is a Group role, covering Donworth and its subsidiaries. Donworth is growing both organically and by acquisition so this role will give the successful candidate great opportunities to accelerate their career to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing consistent corporate financial strategy including preparing management accounts and financial statements, as well as being responsible for tax compliance. They will also be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities. We are seeking an individual who will add value commercially as a key member of the leadership team, alongside having strong technical capability to ensure the timely production of management and financial information.
- Day-to-day management and financial accounts
- Co-ordinate financial planning and budgeting
- Oversee budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Maintain accurate control of ERP data and processes
- Ensure government and tax compliance
- Support sales function with accurate costing and forecasting
- Monitoring capital projects and asset register
- Manage and develop the skills of the finance team
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or,
- Finance, 5+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency in financial software including Sap ERP or similar and excellent
- Excel skills
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and aptitude to mentor the team in finance and operations, as well as manage senior stakeholder relationships
- A highly motivated individual; a self-starter who can drive projects
Our journey in making great food begins by working with growers and producers to source best available ingredients. We make soups, salads, meals and sauces for the major food retailers in Ireland; we have our own brands too, Pestle + Mortar pestos and Roots and Shoots plant friendly meals. We rarely leave an awards ceremony empty handed, which is all down to an incredible team.
To apply please complete the form below, or alternatively apply on LinkedIn.
Date Posted: 29th May 2023.
Are you looking to start your career in a well-established Galway based food company or move to change your career in an excellent company, if so we have the job for you!
Galmere Fresh Foods is looking for Production Staff at our facility in Ballybrit, Galway, with or without experience. We offer up to 6 multiple shifts (mornings, days and evenings), stable and permanent positions paying competitive rates in the current climate.
- Competitive pay rates and opportunities to increase
- Part of a valued core team
- Superior training
- Opportunities for advancement
Reporting to the Team Leader/Supervisor, we need Production Staff who will help us meet the highest level of hygiene, food safety and health and safety standards. The role involves being an integral part of our friendly team, working together to produce food you can be proud of.
- Spoken English and good communication skills
- Ability to work well with others as a team
- A friendly, flexible and proactive attitude
- Attention to detail in relation to production procedures and processes
Attractive pay increases for additional skills and responsibilities, which we encourage and provide routes for. Good premiums are paid for any work outside normal working hours and overtime. Galmere makes great soups, salads, meals and sauces for the major food retailers in Ireland as well as our own brands.
To apply please complete the form below, or alternatively email email@example.com.
Contact Us Now &
Take the First Step
Our team are waiting to hear from you, to answer any questions you may have on how we can assist you and your business.