Group Financial Controller
Location: Ballybrit, Galway.
Date Posted: 1st November 2022
Reporting to the CEO, this is an exciting role for an ambitious finance professional. Galway based Galmere Fresh Foods is owned by Donworth Investments; this is a Group role, covering Donworth and its subsidiaries. Donworth is growing both organically and by acquisition so this role will give the successful candidate great opportunities to accelerate their career to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing consistent corporate financial strategy including preparing management accounts and financial statements, as well as being responsible for tax compliance. They will also be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities. We are seeking an individual who will add value commercially as a key member of the leadership team, alongside having strong technical capability to ensure the timely production of management and financial information.
- Day-to-day management and financial accounts
- Co-ordinate financial planning and budgeting
- Oversee budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Maintain accurate control of ERP data and processes
- Ensure government and tax compliance
- Support sales function with accurate costing and forecasting
- Monitoring capital projects and asset register
- Manage and develop the skills of the finance team
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or,
- Finance, 5+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency in financial software including Sap ERP or similar and excellent
- Excel skills
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and aptitude to mentor the team in finance and operations, as well as manage senior stakeholder relationships
- A highly motivated individual; a self-starter who can drive projects
Our journey in making great food begins by working with growers and producers to source best available ingredients. We make soups, salads, meals and sauces for the major food retailers in Ireland; we have our own brands too, Pestle + Mortar pestos and Roots and Shoots plant friendly meals. We rarely leave an awards ceremony empty handed, which is all down to an incredible team.
To apply please complete the form below, or alternatively apply on LinkedIn.
Contact Us Now &
Take the First Step
Our team are waiting to hear from you, to answer any questions you may have on how we can assist you and your business.