From the initial outbreak at the beginning of 2020, our primary concern has been to protect our team and the wider community.
We planned and modified procedures in response to the potential threat of a pandemic and the best possible infection control advice.
From 23 March 2020 Onwards:
- Galmere sourced surgical face masks to be worn by all members of the production team. Obviously as a high care, BRC AA accredited food production facility, existing hygiene and PPE protocols are extensive and rigorously implemented.
- All team members not required to be in the facility have been working from home.
- Production schedules and procedures were reorganised to separate teams within the business minimising social contact.
- Galmere has a continuous communication process, advising and reminding team members of the importance of social distancing, hand washing, appropriate use of hand sanitiser and PPE.
- Additional cleaning was implemented throughout the facility during and between production shifts.
- Anyone returning from a country not on the green list are required to quarantine for two weeks before returning to work.
- Only essential visitors to our facility are permitted and only by prior appointment. On arrival they must complete a health questionnaire and are obliged to follow the full PPE policy and have a temperature check.
- All team members also take a temperature check daily on arrival.
- In early April, we fitted Perspex screens in any area where 2m social distancing may be challenging.
- Start and finish times, together with breaks, have been changed to minimise contact between team members.
- Team members are obliged to inform line managers of any Covid 19 symptoms. If any need to isolate awaiting results of a test whether through symptoms or close contact, or indeed if they are symptomatic and do have Covid, full sick pay is provided.
In the event of an outbreak, Galmere will immediately inform the HSE and implement testing of every employee while initiating our pre-planned full facility deep clean. The facility will be closed until test results have been received. We will always seek the advice and recommendations of the relevant experts and State agencies.
The Galmere Team
Contact Us Now &
Take the First Step
Our team are waiting to hear from you, to answer any questions you may have on how we can assist you and your business.